Minor Hockey in La Ronge cannot exist with countless hours of Volunteerism. Whether it is teaching kids how to skate or stick-handle a puck, traveling thousands of km's in -40c weather with other than your own kids in the vehicle or making association decisions at a board level it literally takes a village to make minor hockey a success. La Ronge Minor Hockey admires each and every one of our volunteers for the work that they do. Because of that we have a few programs that help recognize current and previous volunteers. Please click on the links below to get a full understanding of each award/program.
La Ronge Minor Hockey Volunteer Award
Fay Pacey Award
La Ronge Minor Hockey would like to hear from you. If you know of some one who exemplified the same qualities as Fay in previous hockey years, we would like to hear from you. Please send your nominations to a board member, include Fay Pacey Award in the subject line and also 3 or 4 sentences on why this person is deserving of this award. All nominations will be reviewed by the La Ronge Minor Hockey Board and the winner will be announced at our Year end awards Banquet.
La Ronge Minor Hockey also has the following awards for our young players:
- “North Shield” Citizenship Award
- Participates in school and/or community service
- Show a positive and respectful attitude towards others
- Display an understanding and appreciation of civic responsibility
- Possess strength of character and the courage to do what is right
- Promotes citizenship with their school or community through other activities.
- “Mayo Auto Clinic” Most Valuable Player
- The winner will have had the largest impact on the team on and off the ice in a positive way. Winning this award should encompass dedication to the team, putting teammates and coaches first, maximum effort at the player’s position and contribution to the team being victorious.
- “High Mark Holdings LTD” Rookie of the Year
- The winner is the first year player who has had the largest impact on the team on and off the ice in a positive way. Winning this award should encompass dedication to the team, putting teammates and coaches first, maximum effort at the player’s position and contribution to the team being victorious.
- “La Ronge Elks #554” Digger Award
- This award is presented to a player who demonstrates a positive attitude on and off the ice, and who has a desire to excel, is self-motivated, and has heart. This player is NOT the MVP, but is, rather, one that sometimes goes without recognition because they may fall short in the other awards categories. This is a very important award that does not belong to the person with the most talent or skill, but to the player with the most dedication and spirit, someone who could be depended upon to be present at each and every game, a player who works with the coach and his teammates for the good of the team.
- “KFC” Most Improved
- The winner will have increased the impact they have on the team in a positive way from the beginning to the end of the season. This is done by improving the overall skill level of play but other factors, such as attitude towards teammates and coaches are also taken into account.